The accommodations aboard Samana are superb for sail training.
There are two bunks in each cabin. You will share a cabin with another student.
Hot and cold running water are plentiful in each of the two showers. The water capacity aboard Samana is 800 gallons with a 10 gallon hot water tank.
The dining area and the spacious cockpit can easily accommodate 8 persons.
The instructional mission of the School of Ocean Sailing is to teach offshore ocean sailing and ocean navigation in a live-aboard setting.
- Personalized instruction from professional teachers
- Teach sailing aboard a large, beautiful and well equipped offshore heavy displacement ketch
- Teach navigation using modern electronic navigation equipment
- Teach navigation using non electronic navigation procedures
- Offer an ocean sailing experience under real ocean conditions
- Instil confidence
- Use high quality sextants and celestial navigation materials
- Offer a balanced blend of formal instruction, practical experience and relaxation
- Serve excellent food
- Anchor or Moor in quiet anchorages